Wednesday, December 16, 2009

A Time To Mourn


Occasionally a time of mourning enters our lives, sometimes stealing in almost silently, sometimes brashly breaking down the door to our well-constructed sense of security. Neither path reflects nor distorts the fact that God loves us. But tragedy and mourning are both part of the ebb and flow or "rhythm of life." (Ecclesiastes 3:1,4 There is an appointed time for everything. And there is a time for every event under heaven... A time to weep, and a time to laugh; A time to mourn, and a time to dance.)

Ernest Enix Jr., my very close friend, died this afternoon. I can not paint for you a picture of the emotions that is sweeping through my body as I think of the lost of my dear friend. I thought I would have more time to talk, play, sing, chill, kidd around with, tease, love, but I don't. He was one person that I did not have to wear a "mask" in our relationship. He knew the real WSP, good bad and ugly, yet accepted and loved me. I will miss him terribly.

Photo taken 12 months ago of him with his loving family, who are now cherishing his memory: wife -Debbie, daughter -Laurel, and son -Matthan.

Lord, through our veil of tears, help us to view Your rescuing hand, that we might reach out to grasp You more firmly.

Rest in Peace EE.
Your friend,
W I L L I E

5 comments:

  1. Faithful. God is faithful to our needs and will supply comfort to the family and to you Willie. Debbie inspired me through the years at La Sierra University as part of a trio - singing that lifted us above the ritual of student life to worship of the Almighty. I watched your 'faithful' committment to the Enix's during this time to do whatever you could to help make life easier. I will look forward with you and the family when we all will join in that glorius reunion....Blessings, Thad Mosely

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chaplain Annetti BullockDecember 17, 2009 at 10:34 AM

    Willie,
    i know that he was one of your dear long time friends and i am saddened by the news. My prayers are with you and his family,Debbie and children, as you all transition through this season of bereavement. Please see this as a time to celebrate his life and all the awesome spectacular things it meant to you. He lived his life in the Lord so celebrate who he is and the legacy he has been blssed to leave behind. Yes he is gone too soon never-the-less God has a plan even in this. Chaplain Annetti Bullock

    ReplyDelete
  3. willie: i'm so sorry to hear about the loss of ernest. my prayers are with you and the entire family. i will send a message to debbie. God is showing us He is preparing for His return and He is putting the saints to rest. Be of good cheer! God knows our sorrows! marcea

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry for your loss Willie. As you said, it's important to remember God loves us.

    Joey

    ReplyDelete
  5. i am so sorry for your loss,i feel as if i new him.God always shows up,believe me i no.my prayers are with you and his family,remember he is only sleeping.

    ReplyDelete